These steps can help guide you through the financial aid process. If you need any additional help, we’re here for you.
Financial Aid Steps
Students must apply for financial aid each academic year by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at http://www.FAFSA.gov. The FAFSA is available after October 1 for the next academic year. Students are advised to apply as early as possible. When funds are limited, awards may be granted to applicants who meet all requirements and have a complete financial aid file by May 1. YACPA will review the FAFSA results as received from the U.S. Department of Education to determine eligibility and the amount of students’ awards based on Federal regulations.
The Young Americans College of the Performing Arts’ school code: 042771
ELIGIBILITY FOR FEDERAL FINANCIAL AID
Financial aid awards are determined and disbursed in compliance with established Federal, State, and Institutional regulations and may change without notice. General eligibility requirements for aid include the following:
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
- Have a high school diploma, GED certificate, or completed home schooling
- Be accepted for admission as a regular student and be completing a degree in an eligible program of study
- Have financial need based upon the YACPA Cost of Attendance, the student’s need as determined by the FAFSA, and the program requirements set by the U.S. Department of Education or State authority
- Be enrolled at least half-time (6 credits)
- Be making satisfactory academic progress
Students may access the U.S. Department of Education’s website for further Federal financial aid requirements at http://www.studentaid.ed.gov. In addition, the YACPA’s Financial Aid Office can be contacted for further information on eligibility, award amounts and all financial aid programs. It is the student’s responsibility to read and become familiar with policies and procedures and respond to all correspondence concerning financial aid. Failure to do so does not excuse a student from the requirements or policies necessary in administering aid programs.
YA Scholarship Information
The Young Americans Board of Directors approves a number of partial tuition scholarships to be awarded each year to qualifying applicants who have been accepted to The Young Americans.